If you have ever travelled overseas especially in the past 15 years, post 911 you can certainly get frustrated due to all the rules and guidelines that seem to change every five minutes. Granted this is for good cause, but it is also an inconvenience to those who travel frequently especially for business. The average business traveller is in the air or going through an airport three times a week and sometimes more so you would think they would know what to do but when asked it seems like it depends largely on which airport you are using. The good news is there are plenty of tips to help you get through a bit faster this way you have all the time to look for Sydney hotels or whatever destination you have.
– Do what people most often forget to do: Check the flight status. You know, when you come from a hot state or country that doesn’t often experience drastic weather situations then you need to be mindful of the time of year and where you are flying to. I’ll give you a hint, if you are used to an 80 degree and sunny Christmas, chances are you are out-of-touch with the weather conditions elsewhere. It sounds funny but it happens because we get a bit of tunnel vision about where we are.
– Use the online check in service: When you have bags to check it helps a bit more because you then only have one thing to think about instead of racing to get checked in with a ton of baggage to drag and a mile-long line in front of you.
– Leaving your car there? Check ahead to see what lots are open and which are already filled. The worst thing you can do is to get wrapped up in that airport lane last minute and waste more time. You know the one, without the right signs that start you all the way to the left lane only to tell you two feet before you turn; that you need to turn!
– Get organized: Yes it is very easy to zone out on line. But before you start dreaming of beaches and cocktails in your Sydney hotels, we suggest you get all your documents in your hand so that once you reach check in you are in and out fast.
– On the way to security: Make sure you are removing anything that may get in the way at the check point in fact, I would advise you to not wear watches and jewellery and belts onto the plane. It would be easier these days if we just went on naked but unfortunately it is against the law and that is another set of problematic delays! So do what you can beforehand and also have your ID and boarding pass ready. The idea here is to get in and out without hassle for you or your fellow passengers behind you that are watching you intently!
Wherever you are going to travel, you should bring usb lighter in anticipation of an emergency, besides that lighter is also very necessary under any circumstances. Given its simple but elegant and easy to carry shape, it is a futuristic lighter without gas.