One of the first challenges many people face first thing in the morning is what to wear to uni or work that day.
The surprising thing, according to Mys Tyler founder and CEO Sarah Neill, is that 80% of our clothing is permanently confined to the wardrobe, leaving just 20% to do what she calls “the heavy lifting”.
“Especially after time locked down, we’re all guilty of giving that old t-shirt and leggings combo way too much airtime,” Neill said.
So the Sydney-based fashion-tech startup has released a new feature, Daily Inspiration, which challenges the app’s 120,000 users to have more fun getting dressed. Launching today, it sends a daily fashion prompt and can see how women with different body shapes are styling that look.
“While the core Mys Tyler experience is hyper personalized with body-relevant content, Daily Inspiration allows users to be inspired by a wider range of content creators they may not have otherwise seen,” Neill said.
The prompts include colours, textures, materials, themes, prints etc. Think; “off-the-shoulder”, “pops of pink” or “floral done differently”.
“By challenging users to re-discover the clothes collecting dust at the back of their wardrobe, Mys Tyler hopes to lift users out of their style ruts and have more fun with the clothes they already own,” she said.
Mys Tyler is a size-inclusive fashion app designed for all women, matching them with other stylish women of a similar height, size and shape to help them shop for what will look good on them. It’s a way around the problems of shopping online and clothes that don’t fit properly.
Neill launched her startup in 2020. The app is now downloaded every two minutes and more than 16,000 outfits have been posted to the platform.
The CEO said Mys Tyler’s ethos of inclusivity and creating a safe space to find and share fashion content has struck a chord with women from all over the world.
Now Neill wants women to have fun and rediscover their own wardrobes.
“Mys Tyler allows users to find body-relevant fashion content in a diverse and inclusive online community. We’re working hard to tackle the industry’s ‘fit’ issue, but we’re also here to champion women, encourage self-love, and have a bit of fun,” she said.
“The launch of Daily Inspiration will help remove the ‘what should I wear?’ question we’re faced with each morning and inspire new ways of styling the clothes we already have.”
Daily Inspiration is available on the Mys Tyler app globally from April 27. The app is free on the App Store and Google Play.