This food is probably rarely seen or sold in the market because this food is one of the traditional foods, namely coconut candy. The sweet taste of coconut candy has become the hallmark of this food. In the past, this market snack was very popular among adults and children alike, but it’s a shame nowadays coconut candy is very difficult to find. But take it easy, for those of you who have never tasted coconut candy food, you can make it yourself at home. The ingredients for making coconut candy are quite easy and you can buy all the ingredients you need at the market near your home. For information, you can buy good chocolate, nut and sugar pastes and coatings in Barima Artisanal products. How to make coconut candy food is also very easy, so you don’t worry about having trouble making it. Below is a recipe for sweet and savory coconut confectionery.
RECIPE OF COCONUT SUGAR
- 1 large easy coconut
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of starch, dissolve it with water
- ¼ teaspoon powdered vanilla
- Some types of food coloring to taste (according to taste)
- Enough water
How to Make Coconut Confectionery:
- Young coconut shredded coarsely and wide.
- Boil sugar with a little water that has been inserted then stir until it dissolves.
- Enter the grated coconut into the sugar water while stirring until it shrinks.
- Add the starch that has been dissolved with water then add the vanilla powder and stir until smooth.
- Remove the dough then divide into several parts.
- Give a few drops of different food coloring to each mixture and mix well.
- Take one spoonful of the confectionery mixture then place it on a flat place so it doesn’t stick to one another (do this until the dough runs out).
- The confectionery dough that has been formed then let it cool.
Now the coconut candy is ready to be enjoyed.
So, it’s very easy to make this sweet and savory coconut candy food, right? Then just go ahead and try this recipe at home.